On the positive side, I accumulated some books for my Spanish I class. When I went up and visited Kim, I asked their Spanish teacher if she had any extra books, and after a long discussion with our administrators talking back and forth, we discovered they weren't offering Spanish I this year and therefore not using their books. They sent them down to me last weekend when our volleyball teams played each other so now I have a whole set of books I can use for Spanish I this year!!! That will make my life a little easier.... now I only have 2 classes I don't have books for!
Then on Thursday we had a surprise birthday party for the Bible teacher, and we stayed up too late playing games and blowing things up. Yes, the highlight of the evening involved spraying American hairspray into lit candles to watch them flare up, and then someone got the bright idea to use an empty blue water jug. One person sprayed in the hairspray and held it shut while someone else stuck a lighter in the opening. It let off a tremendous roar and flames shot out a good three feet. The curtains all flew straight back from the window, and a couple teachers got a little too close for comfort. You might think there was alcohol involved in this little party, but no, people are just that crazy enough without it. Someone pointed out that we shouldn't give detentions to kids for doing stupid things when we go home and do this. Heh.
Maybe I'll do something exciting this weekend and have more to write about later. Bye!

4 comments:
I can't wait for you to come home to show off some of your new cooking skills. We will have a Korean night. Congrats on one fourth.
Lindsay,
Sorry I haven't written much. But I read your blogs faithfully and enjoy hearing about all you're doing so much. It was fun to see pictures of all the places you've been including your apt pics. No surprise that your room is much neater than your roomates! I'm so glad you have been able to get away on the weekends with Kim and the Hawkins. My prayers are with you. Congrats on getting a fourth of the year through. That is quite an accomplishment, esp w/o having the books available! You're amazing! Love and miss ya.
Nancy
Hey Lindsay! Enjoyed the pictures of your apartment! Congratulations on finishing your first fourth of the year! Hopefully the next fourth will involve less fire-filled experiences ;)
~Bethany
I had no idea you were a pyro!?!? The cooking yes; going to parties sure; but pyro??? And this is how you are impacting the next generation??? I suppose I love you anyhow ... ;)
~ Amy
Post a Comment