
Later in the week it was still a little warmer and sunnier so we went hiking in the mountains. It was a very relaxing break.
I made it back safely to frigid Korea after a long two days of flying. It takes longer to fly west than east, so one flight was 16 hours long. In Atlanta, I was surprised to see a girl from my church in Korea who teaches in Seoul, and we were discovered we were on the same flight. She traded seats with someone to sit right behind me, and it was nice to travel with someone else for a change, especially so we could help each other figure out which buses to get on at the airport to get to our respective towns.I had one cold day to recover before restarting freezing school on Monday. No, I am not exaggerating; after the heat being off for three weeks, even the toilets in the school were frozen solid. It took about a week for the school to heat up (fortunately all the toilets were thawed after a day and a half). It was great to see all (or most :^) my students again, and they all got right back to work, even with coats on, and we accomplished a lot in the last week. On different evenings I got together with a few different teachers to catch up, and I spent Friday night and Saturday with the Hawkins. I did miss some people here, and I missed Korean and Thai food. I can tell because I even ate a little kimchi one evening! I love and miss you all! Have a good week!

2 comments:
Para que sepas, estaré en Sevilla por seis meses (enero al junio 2010). ¡Por fin Cedarville va a poner una instalación en la Universidad de Sevilla!
Kimchi, poco a poco. Te mando un abrazo y beso.
You're darn right you can have a party with 2 people!!!!! ;) haha, we know how to have fun! Glad you made it back safely and that your toilets are fully thawed. It's been Ohio-cold here lately. My roommate got the day off school Friday because they cancelled it due to "extreme cold." No snow or anything, just extreme cold...and their toilets weren't even frozen!! They're all a bunch of wimps if you ask me. ;) I'm guessing you won't be as lucky in Korea. Oh well. :/ Hope you're staying warm!!
~Bethany
Post a Comment