Tuesday, March 17, 2009

Would You Hire This Person?

In my junior/senior class, we are teaching the students how to get a job: looking for positions, writing resumes and cover letters, interviewing, etc. Some of them don't necessarily take the class very seriously, but sometimes they give me a good laugh. This was one of those occasions. I am attaching a cover letter for your viewing pleasure... would you hire this kid? :^)

Dr. Evans Bob
Manager
Burger King
59th Street
Las Vegas, Nevada

Dear Dr. Bob

I saw a job opening for a new hamburger flipper on the company's website and it was around my area. I have many experience in this specialty, I've worked at Wendy's and other such places. I keep an up going attitude on the job and keeping the burgers going. Also I want to see a great career in this and may even work my way up to manager if I could.

Just a years ago, I've just gotten out of Burger High and have always wanting to get a regular day job at burger flipping. When I was i was highly specialized in flipping, such as behind my back, or even flipping it 3 times in the air without looking. Also I not only do burger I may also cook fries with delicate care, and also make sure its not to salty or crispy. Another thing I would like to mention I was the Burgerking at my school and was known the best burger flipper there so I would like to think of my self highly qualified for this job.

Such as I said earlier I've worked at Wendy's as co-burger flipper there for a part time job. They've said I was pretty good but could not offer a full time job as they already had a main burger flipper. As well in Burger High I was voted to be the best and future head burger flipper at a near Burger King. Lastly I would like to add I am fully ready to take the job and get on to it and work very hard to prove that I am worthy of this job.

Thank you for taking your time for reading this and hope you I would hire me. I will be waiting for a phone call from you hopefully.

From,

Student X

No comments: