Tuesday, February 26, 2008

My House is Older than Your Country

There is a TV show here, "Esta casa era una ruina" that is the Spanish version of Extreme Makeover: Home Edition. Well, this weekend "este cuarto era una ruina" (this room was a ruin). So Kourtney and I decided to take advantage of a rainy Saturday to spring-clean our room. We moved all the furniture, swept, mopped, and wiped everything down. For some reason the whole endevour was very amusing to our señora.
This is the finished product, looking into the room from the door. The bed on the left is mine. On Sunday my family acquired a new matress from a relative who was moving, and I got it for my bed (I just had a piece of foam before). Our sra. later helped us put clean sheets on the beds, and I ended up with one of Ana´s pairs, who saw it and declared ¨This is war!¨
This is looking at the side of the room my bed is on and the back wall. Notice how my clothes are stacked 7 feet off the ground.
And for a few more pictures of the house: this is the living room where we eat. The whole house is decorated pretty artsy because Rosario is an artist/painter.
And this is the kitchen with the washing machine in it too.
The dining room we never eat in, just inside the front door. The door to Ana's room is on the left, the bathroom is the door on the right, and the front door is the middle one. The kitchen is behind and to the right of this picture, with our room straight in back and the living room back and to the left.
When the dad of the two kids in the house came and visited for a week, he proudly announced to me that this house is older than my country. Most things in Spain are, actually.

I didn't do too much else this weekend. Because of the rain Saturday we stayed at home, eating, watching movies on TV, and playing cards with our family. Friday morning I hung out with a Spanish girl here who is a friend of a friend, Friday night we went to a shopping plaza to walk around and eat dinner at an Asian restaurant (I talked another girl into sharing Pad Thai with me :^) and Sunday we went to church. I love and miss you all!

4 comments:

GuyverII said...

Halfway home... te falta poco.

Anonymous said...

You did a great job cleaning your room. Thanks for showing us where you live. We all love you.

Anonymous said...

Hey wild woman, sounds like you are
having a great time! So why don't
they like your hair? Have fun and
be nicer to the cat.
love,
your blue-eyed aunt and female
cousin from OH

Anonymous said...

By the way, we're getting nickled
and dimed to death with snow, ice,
and freezing rain. More than ever
when you were here. Your dad said
you'd be pleased to know this.

OH aunt