After lunch we split up and my friend Carolyn and I hung out at the beach for a while, walking in the ocean and getting tan in Februrary while there was snow at Cedarville. We walked along the shore to the old castle (all resemblences to Alcatraz are completely incidental) on an island off the shore, around the cathedral, in the tidal pools.... In my opinion, Cádiz is the most gorgeous town in Europe (just forget about the fact I´ve only seen 2), and one of the most beautiful in the world. It´s also the oldest city in Europe, and evidently the Phonecians played a big role in founding it. My 200 pictures don´t do it justice, but here´s a sampling: 
We also managed to pick the weekend to go that was during Carnaval, which was fun to experience. Picture Mardi Gras Spain-style, but not quite as bad. People were dressed up in all kinds of costumes, the town was decorated, street vendors were selling food and masks, everyone was in the streets, the beer was starting to flow... so we left. We saw the fun part in the morning with the kids parades and costumes. According to my host family, most towns in Spain used to celebrate Carnaval, but Cádiz was the only one who kept the tradition after the dictator Franco banned it, so they are very proud of both Cádiz and the festival.That was the biggest excitement of last week. During the week I did fun stuff like worked, had meetings for school, and sent in homework. I love and miss you all! Let me know how you are!

3 comments:
Si me puedes mandar un correo contándome cómo te va el trabajo...
i miss you too! i miss all of our fun conversations...this semester's just not the same. I have enjoyed ready about your adventure in spain and look forward to updates in the future.
I am doing well...one month is done for student teaching. i end teaching special ed on feb 29th. wedding planning is coming together as well...getting invites ready to get printed! took a lot longer than i thought it would. oh well...that's a quick look into my life.
I think the one who gave you the tour book is a tall, hot, Spanish man. ;)
I miss you lots! I want to talk to you!!! Oh well, at least my friends get to have fun traveling the world, while I have to be a responsible adult with a job. ;)
Post a Comment