Sevilla is definitely a walking city; the streets and buildings are so beautiful, and clean for a city (except for all the dead oranges scattered on the ground). It takes about 45 minutes to get to the place where I will work, and maybe 35 to get to the university. I'm not entirely sure since we go a different way each time. It´s not bad since the temperature has been nice and sunny, around 20 degrees, but cold in the mornings. Here are a couple pictures from our walks:
La Giralda:

The Plaza de España:


El río Guadalquivir:

It's always interesting to see people's reactions to me when I am in different countries. I suppose this time is different because I can understand what people are saying about me, and because I expect Spaniards to have seen white people before.... heh. Say it ain't so. Walking down the street, I see people elbow each other and say "look at the foreign girl" or "I think those British girls are lost." What, like we accidently took a left at the English channel instead of a right? In other news, I evidently have eyes just like an Egyptian cat: the shape, the color, the meowing... The people in charge of the program started this little rumor, then it spread to the people where I work at my internship, and then my sra. agreed, etc. Everyone is talking about my Asian eyes. Ha!!! I do find myself talking more with Fufi, my third cousin twice removed.... Enough of the tontería (word of the day, silliness). Love yáll!

8 comments:
sounds like you guys are off to a great start! it's bringing back lots of fond memories of my time there...somehow i'm conveniently managing to forget all the frustrations that made me want to come home. ;-)
Me alegro mucho que llegaras sana y salva.
Recomiendo el restaurante San Marco detrás de la catedral (Mesón de Moro 6). Precios módicos y ambiente único.
Un abrazo fuerte y te veo en marzo,
andrés
:-) The Plaza is gorgeous!
And I'm posting again to tell you that Don spoke at our STC meeting tonight, in a presentation entitled something like "Technical Communication and the Downfall of Mankind," about the theology of technology. It was good. :-)
You get your eye color from your Dad. :) Glad you are having fun.Thanks for the pictures.We love you.
Glad you're adjusting well to life in Spain. Love the pictures! Have fun!
As much as I love your posts, my favorite was a comment from pinky...
Oh, what would we do without DOn to entertain us.
Glad you are having a great time.
Sweet. Yeah. Looks like Spain may be more exciting than around here. (Don isn't killing us yet, he's just decided to inflict pain in the form of too much work and not enough time to do it in!)
Post a Comment