But the whole thing is really just a plot: I'm trying to spend more time out of the United States than in it within a year's time.
Right now, my plan is to take 3 classes at the University of Seville, live with a Spanish lady, and do an internship in web design. I plan to be there for one semester, from January to the very end of May, and I hope to travel around Spain and a few other nearby countries on weekends and holidays.
But we all know plans tend to change, especially in other countries... "Oh by the way, you're not teaching level 2 anymore, you're teaching level 1," "Oh by the way, you'll now be taking care of handicapped orphans outside the city," "Oh by the way, your friends were arrested by the police last night just because they were foreigners...." But that's what makes life interesting, right? And that's why I created this blog; to keep all of you, my dear family and friends, updated on what I am doing and how things are going across that not-so-big-anymore pond. I'll update it as often as I have internet access to.
I'll also post some pictures here for you, like the ones below. This is where the journey began (the Spanish Embassy, temporary holder of my passport and visa, and subsequent holder of my emails and faxes enquiring on their behalf).

And this is where the journey will end:

So there you have it. Keep in touch, leave me comments. And I'll see you on the other side.

6 comments:
Recuerda: no hables con los gitanos vagando por la Catedral. Te veo en marzo.
I hope you had a safe trip! I look forward to all the updates! :)
I hope that your trip is non eventful and that the weather doesn't hinder your flight. Is it warm in Seville? As you know, we are supposed to have a severe storm -- 3-4 inches of snow and 1 inch of ice on Thursday.
Keep in touch
Grannysull
I'm going through Lindsay withdrawl. The only thing that is keeping me going is the sheer necessity that we will HAVE to see each other this summer...
Brain, I NEEEED you in my life. So be sure you update often, with lots of Pictures and Funny Stories, or your little finger may wither away into nothingness...
Hey Lindsay! Talked to your mom at church and she filled me in-what an exciting adventure for you! I'll keep checking your blog to keep up with your life in Spain! Have fun and know that many are praying for you! Mrs. Grandstaff
Post a Comment