Wednesday, January 30, 2008

Romans and Rich Food

Well, Monday night we did indeed find a good place to eat churros con chocolate, and I now agree with the lady on the travel channel who said they are marvelous. For those of you who have never tasted this heaven before, churros are these long, sweet, fried bread-ish things that you dip in a cup of hot chocolate. They are perfect on a cold night after a long week, although the nine of us who went did succeed in confusing the poor guy at the bar to death with our orders.

Since I actually have a decent Internet connection, I'll post a few more photos of various adventures. Last Saturday we went to Italica, and since I've been writing a lot of marketing text recently...

Walk down the same ancient streets the Roman emperors Trajan and Hadrian traveled over two thousand years ago as you explore the ruins of Italica, the third largest city in the Roman Empire. After discovering the mysteries of the amphitheater, temples, and houses, you will enjoy a traditional Andalucian lunch at a fabulous restaurant across the street.


And here is a picture inside the Ayuntamiento (City Hall), and our group of 7 from Cedarville minus the one who was sick, plus 3 from other schools and the man who works there.
Let me know if all these pictures load too slowly on your computers and I won't post so many again. I'll put up ones of my home once my roommate gets around to making her bed. :^)

5 comments:

GuyverII said...

¿TodavĂ­a no has probado los garbanzos?

Anonymous said...

I am walking every day now to prepare myself for that wonderful chocolate and churros. Great incentive!
I'm glad to see you are doing a few fun things too. Love ya

Anonymous said...

I love it! I have some of the exact same picture. ;-) That restaurant was amazing, huh? I absolutely loved it.

Anonymous said...

Wow - it sounds like you are having an amazing experience! I look forward to the next updates - I can experience Spain vicariously!

Anonymous said...

Lindsay-
Grandma and I want to come with you! If I had known you were writing travel info. I for sure would be on my way to Spain! Grandma says " I can't believe you are that far away! We love the pictures!"
Love,
Donna and Grandma